Monday, July 8, 2013

Preparing!

       I have said this before but I am the new Math and Science teacher and super excited. I have seen my room twice and have not started decorating. I am scared I will mess it up. I have not been to concern with decorating more concern with stations and interactive boards. I have been looking through Pinterest and other sites to help me figure this out. Being new is HARD because I do not know what to truly expect. When I covered for my mentor I was able to get a good idea, but it is not the same. I know the pressure. To help prepare me I went shopping. Have I done anything with the items I have bought? Nope!!

This is some things I bought at Target (books) and Lakeshore. In here, I have some borders, some station items, and since I will not have the alphabet border up, I will have a number line. I can write on it as well too. NEAT! In addition, I have mini writable number lines for the students. It can be used for stations or individual practice. The books are totally cool. The bug books are interesting and disgusting, lol. The other books are information and kid friendly. Each one for a dollar at Target, in the dollar section. WIN!!
Here is more of a find at Target. The folder box holders was a dollar and this neat bright thing is a dry eraser board. It is no thicker than a folder and is going to be useful in my classroom. I am debating if I will use it for my "Foogle" board in my room or outside my room. It is like my own Google board. "Did you know...." I want to give students a fun fact everyday, as well as they answer a question for me and I will draw 3 winners for the week. They have to do research. Just an idea. I can turn it around and use just the solid white side. So, neat I think!!!!!
Besides spending money and trying to come up with things for my room. Oh, and stocking other bloggers and Pinterest, I have been on vacation and my son turned 11. He is out of town with his grandma so the family went to see him. He is spoiled. Both of my babies are. Well and the cats (Especially, Chevelle).

Went to Incredible Pizza and not sure how he convinced daddy, but he got a new 3-D DS and a game of his choosing. Uhmm can we say expensive and oh, SPOILED!!!! 
Since,  Hunter was with his grandma out of town and Emily went to another grandma's house,  the husband and I took a big kid trip! We went to South Padre Island. We got an ocean view room at the Schlitterbahn resort and did Schlitterbahn 3days in a row. I will spare the gory picture, but the last day I sliced my toe and it was nasty and bad. Note to self and to my kids, WEAR WATER SHOES IN THE POOL AND AT SCHLITTERBAHN! We also did several grown up things. The beach, drinks, food, fireworks, and much more.....
All and all it has been a great summer so far. Getting excited about my new job and have already completed trainings. I started working out again because I have gotten fat..lol Plus, my doctor told me I have high cholesterol and low B-12. So, hubs and I got a gym membership and vitamins. We are very carefully about what we eat, but we love to go out to eat for entertainment.  So, we need to cut back and be more healthy. I am way to young to have these old symptoms. 27 is not old, in fact it is super young. I have to start living healthy again.

Until next time,
     -PFons-

3 comments:

  1. I got the same number line!!! I am curious. Since we do not use negative numbers untill 7th grade in mathematics (we do in temperature yes, but the actual manipulation of numbers) do you put up both sides of the number line? Do you talk about negative numbers with your students? As a middle school teacher I am baffled by the number of students that did not know what a negative number was?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea how that sent beofre i was done. Might have been my sneezing fit.

      So I was wondering if as an elementary teacher to you post the negatives? Do you talk about them much at all?

      Love your blog! I will be your newest follower on Bloglovin!
      Cheers,
      Jameson
      Lessons With Coffee 

      Delete
    2. I am going to display only the positive side I believe. It is not in the TEKS to teach negative numbers, but I think it is important to introduce the numbers. Just so the students have an idea of what negative numbers are. For instance, when teaching temp. I can introduce negative numbers and how they are used in other ways. I can make it a fun bonus or a challenging station. I do not think I will introduce adding and subtracting negative numbers as a lesson though. I will see how the year goes and keep you posted.

      Thanks for following. Following you too!!

      -PFons-

      Delete