Thursday, June 20, 2013

Getting There!!

 Well, I went to see my classroom today. I wanted to get ideas for my room. There are currently no desk in my room and there is just furniture. 2 big book shelfs ( I do not want either one), my desk, two computer desk, a filing cabinet (I do not want it either), a kidney table, and a little hexagon table. Oh, and enough little trashcans to fill the school. haha.
This is the wall for my students computers and where mine will be. They do not want any wires showing so all computers will be in this area.
This is my door and obviously the wall. There is a good space to put anchor charts and some decor on top of the white board. This window is the only window in the room and it looks out to the hall. It will be open 100% of the time during school hours.
This is the main wall. This is where my projector faces and is has the bigger white board. I think I will utilize both boards as much as possible. With teaching just math and science I won't be to overloaded with things on my wall. 
This is the back of the room. This wall is facing the door and the first thing you see. That is my daughter coming to see mommy's room. There are 4 cabinets back there with 2 doors a piece. One is a lockable door with a small filing cabinet and a coat hanger rack and shelves. This will be my personal cabinet (It is to the far right). The cabinet next to it (on the left) Will be my students backpack cabinet/lunch cabinet. They can choose to put things in there, if they want. I will put their supplies in there as well. Of course you can see the kidney table for small groups. There is a small hexagon table behind Emily. I think it might be my resource table for the students. I will talk about that at another time. It will go right next to the door, as of now I am thinking. I don't want the bookshelves. There is one on each side of the wall. I also have a little sink you cannot see. That white thing is a  moveable dry erase board. It will be used as a station, I think.
I am excited of course and getting a little more anxious. I need to slow down and focus more on my Spanish I am taking. Plus, enjoy the summer. Me and my bestie yesterday made some crafts for our classroom. I made a pencil holder that I saw on Pinterest and station dry erase boards.
This is one of my new utensil holders. I still want to add a ribbon around the holder. I think I will add my name as well with paint on the ribbon. Not sure if it will be the ribbon around the top or the one I will put around the crayons. I used a cleaned soup aluminum can, 5/8 ribbon for top and bottom, 1 1/2 boxes of crayons, and a hot glue gun. Bam cute!
I saw this cute personalized dry eraser boards from another teacher at a PD. She said they work great. All you do is get sturdy page protectors ( I am using the 4.8 mil thick protector. It is more expensive but I got 50 in a pack for $14 at Office Max. I will definitely be using them), duct tape of your choosing, and scissors. Apply the duct tape to just the edges. You should have duct tape on both sides of the protector. It will make the projector more durable and cute!
My friend and I then were like, "What do we do with them to keep track of them?" I said lets hole punch them put them in a binder for the center. When they are ready to use them they just pull them out. 
I also mad a ziploc bag with duct tape at the end and I hole punched it to put in the binder.  It is to add the stations materials that go along with the dry erase boards. 
I am going to do some research on rooms that look like mine and see if I can find some room arrangement that I like. I just have to make sure I have plenty of space for stations. I am taking my kiddos swimming again today. I took them yesterday and we are going to go back for a bit. This will allow me to study for my Spanish class.

Until next time,
  -PFons-

No comments:

Post a Comment