Sunday, July 28, 2013

I was nominated! Thanks!!

 I got nominated for  a Liebster Award from a very creative blogger, Lessons With Coffee. To accept my nomination, I need to answer the following. This award is to promote blogs with less than 200 followers. 

(1) Link Back to the Person that Nominated You
Check out her blog. Her story about getting a job during internship II is very similar to mine and she is sooooo creative. She makes me feel like I need to do more. It is very inspiring. Also, this would be the perfect time to credit her for the idea for the first day gifts. I was able to make my own version very similar to hers. Thank you sooo much!!!
Lessons With Coffee
Lessons With Coffee
(2) Answer the Questions from your Nominator

1. Do you like your handwriting? Heck no! I think my handwriting is horrible and I am glad that I am a math and science teacher. Plus, my handwriting consists of both handwriting and cursive. I do not know where I picked it up from. Perhaps it is from taking quick notes in school. I can read it and understand it, so that is what matters.

2. Are you a get to work early, or stay after school late teacher? I want to say I am both. It is hard to get super early to work because of the kiddos, but I get there as early as possible. I do stay after late 90% of the time. It seems like my second wind comes after 3:30.

3. Talk for a second about one initiative that your school has adopted that you either loath or love. Being new to the district and to my school I am not sure of all the things the school or district has adopted. They are big on hands on teaching. They are so adamant about constantly working with students and moving around that majority of the teachers do not have desks in their room. This is very interesting to me and I am trying to get rid of mine. It is like a save haven and you can get trapped there if you are not careful. My school is given each grade team a month where they are responsible for school spirit for the entire month. Also, we are required to have 5 minutes of fun at each faculty meeting. I think it will be great. Our month is October. That is my favorite month out of the entire year.  

4. What is one new thing (or thing if you are new) that you really want to try in your classroom this year? I want to try the marble reward system for the entire class. This is where I would add marbles to a jar/plastic jar for good behavior, following instructions, etc. We use the CHAMPs system in our district and I think this will align perfectly with our classroom management. 
5. How do you handle substitutes? When I was full-time teaching, I made a detail list of what I want the sub to do and put it in order with sticky notes with notes on them as well. I am detailed detailed. I want to make a sub folder that consist of the class lists (I have two sets of kiddos), allergies, students to watch out for, schedule, teacher numbers/names for help, and of course detail notes of work. I will hopefully have everything planned before I am out. If not the folder will always be filled with the information above and I will constantly update it with review work just incase I am surprisingly out. In addition, I want there to be a routine my students know so the students know exactly what is expected of them. 

6. What is your favorite kind of candy? I am not a huge candy fan. I LOVE FOOOODD.. LOL. If I had to choose it will be between Sweet Tarts, Nerds, or strawberry Push Pops. Those are delish. I cannot decide. 

7. What is the first thing you notice about people? Weirdly, I would have to say their eyebrows. I think eyebrows are such a defined feature on your face besides your nose. Then I look for personality, especially negativity. We all have them but who shows it immediately. Such a no no. 

8.  What are you reading now and how do you like it? I am embarrassed, nothing. I am always reading and I have not picked up a book but once this summer. I am going to buy, probably tonight, a book in the series "A Discovery of Witches" by Deborah Harkness. I love paper books but this will need to be Nooked so I can read it in front of the students and not be questioned. It is not a PG book. lol. I love Anne Rice and Laura K. Hamilton books and if you know them they are not young adult. This book is ranked with them based on their likeness and content. 

9. Do you have any special talents? Some people say I can sing and some say I am creative. I do not think either, but that is what I got. 

10. Is there a YOUTUBE video that you always show kids (I am selfish here and going to do You Tube time everyday...I need a play list! lol)? I have not been able to show YOUTUBE in the classroom because it has been blocked. I watch a lot and mainly it is of music vids and funny sketches from comedians. 

(3) Share 11 Random Facts About Yourself

  1. Top fact, I love cats. Almost obsessed. I follow cats on Instagram. lol
  2. I do my own nails and eyebrows. I started Gel Nailing my own nails. I bought a new color today.
  3. I love the show Weeds. My new fav....
  4. I drink A LOT of tea.
  5. I am addicted to Candy Crush.
  6. Anything Pasta or Rice I absolutely love.
  7. Its hard to fall asleep at night if I do not go to bed with my cat Chevelle.
  8.  I like to sing in the shower, who doesn't right?
  9. I really like to dance and I love to learn dances from Britney Spears. I know a few... 
  10. Britney Spears is one of my favorites. A role model not at all. There shouldn't be role models. She just really interest me. I always wonder what a day in the life of Britney is like. Heck yeah I will be her friend. A secret I always had. lol. I am lame.. haha
  11. I cannot stand certain noises. Such as, the sound of food being chewed, clipping your toe or finger nails, popping of your jaw, a dog or cat licking themselves, or indigestion noises from your throat/mouth. I get so irritated with these noises.  
(4) Nominate Five More Blogs with Less Than 200 Followers
3. Cuéntame Una Historia - She was my professor and I would love to be as good as she is. Love her!!
(5) Pose Questions to Your Nominees
1. What is your favorite movie?
2. What are you most excited about for the up coming school year?
3. What are 3 secrets that no one else knows about you?
4. Who is your celebrity crush and why?
5. What would be your last meal?
6. What 3 things annoy you the most?
7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be and why?
8. What is your favorite book and promote it? 

Thank you for nominating me again Lessons With Coffee. Also, for the first day gift idea. Here is my interpretation of the gift. I used pencils instead. I hope this is okay?! 


Until Next Time,
      -PFons-

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I love that you made them with pencils. I am doing something with pencils this year too...and something super fun! It is a secret though so You will have to wait till I post the post. <--that sounds weird. Good getting to know you, I started to follow your bestie too!

    Jameson
    Lessons With Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl!!! I wonder what it is!! Sounds like a song, "do the post the post." haha


      -PFons-

      Delete