Sunday, July 21, 2013

Flag Bunting and Shopping!!!

I did bunting the other day and it came out sooooo cute!!! My friend had helped me make it and we had so much fun. The practice one will not fit in my room theme but is so darn adorable.

This is a summer sea type of theme. LOVE IT!!
I ended up making one for my classroom and it came out great! I want to add letters to each flag that will say RESOURCE CENTER. I am going to have an area in my room that has copies of our lessons, copies of our anchor charts we have done, and vocabulary. I am going to make one for each season. I already have my Halloween papers and I am going to make it before school starts. Here is the flags that will say RESOURCE on it.


I made the letters but have not added them because I think they are not big enough. I also saw on another bloggers website to use ribbons to tie the flags together. Here are the steps for a two layer flags:

You need glue, a ruler, ribbon, roller pin (helps spread the glue, pretty smart. Saw this on YOUTUBE),  scissors, hole puncher, and card stock colors of your choice.
Measure out your solid color triangle any size you want. This is your bottom triangle.
Make sure you mark the bottom point of your triangle because you will forget and it will be uneven if you don't because this will be your guide for all other solid color triangles. Make sure to mark each one as well. 
Measure out your smaller triangle on the back of your decorative card stock. This will be the top layer of your  flag. I trace my base triangle guide and then measure 1/2 inch all the way around for my top layer triangle. I mark the bottom point and this will be my guide for my smaller decorative top triangle. *Make sure all the prints or designs on your decorative top triangle all go the same way. 
Now just add the top triangle as even as possible on the solid bottom triangle using a light amount of glue all around. Use the roller pin to even out the glue, it works really well. *Make sure to coordinate your colors. Now whole punch the corners and tie the corners together with your ribbon of choice. Also, any letters or pictures your want to add to the flags.
The picture did not come out that great
After you tie all your flags together you and collapse them on one another and store them in a gallon bag for safe keeping.
Good Luck!! 

I also did a lot of shopping yesterday. I bought 18, 24 Crayola crayon boxes for $4.34 at Toys R Us. If you are a teacher you can buy double. YEAH!! I also found my classroom rug for $20 at Sam's club. Plus, more more more more!!!
Oh, Chevelle, the baby, had to get in this picture!
 My best friend just started her blog Ms. Young's Corner. She is full of ideas and sooooo creative. She has one entry as of today, but she will be posting like crazy as soon as she gets the hang of it . She will be just as addicted as I am. 

Speaking of addicted, unless you are living under a rock you know about this game. One guess............

Level 92 and going strong. Got my bestie addicted to it too.  I am excited for tomorrow because I am hopefully working in my classroom.

Until next time,
     -PFons-

No comments:

Post a Comment