Sunday, August 25, 2013

Hanging in there!

It has been crazy the last couple of weeks and I am trying so hard to hang in there with a smile on my face. I have things to do such as writing full week lesson plans for math, science, and social studies. Oh yea forgot to mention, I teach social studies now. That is exciting. I finally made a procedures PowerPoint for the first day of school, that's tomorrow ahhh. I did not cover all my procedures but enough to get through tomorrow. Its a jamed packed day. I am the teacher responsible for take the students outside but I am unsure if I am supposed to take them out tomorrow. That will throw my schedule off. By 20-25 minutes. Hmmmmm. Be a flexible teacher I will be!

I want to introduce stations tomorrow and with that I need to make some station graphic organizers today. If I can get them all complete, I will update my blog and add them. Students will be doing stations that involve place value, greater/less than, multiplication, and adding. Noogle is the name for the adding game. Its a new game I saw on pinterest. 

I uploaded some pictures of my classroom. We are doing Number Talks everyday. YouTube it if you never heard of it. It is amazing! My objectives corner. It seems tiny but I don't have any other place for it. Unlike other teachers I want a lot of white board space.

I was given, to borrow, for the school year two iPads. I also have an Apple Tv. Yes I will be utilizing tomorrow. Straight out the gate. I also found this app where I can record what I write and say. This will be perfect for students who are absent.  I am going to try it out soon. I was thinking about using it for my guided math time. Soooo many ideas and things I want to do, but not enough energy or time.

This posting is very choppy and goes from one thing to another quickly.  I will elaborate later when I am not using my phone to write my blog.  Sorry :-(

Until next time,
-PFons

No comments:

Post a Comment