Sunday, September 8, 2013

It has been forever!

  It has been crazy crazy since school has started this year. I have officially survived two full weeks of teaching and planning. I absolutely love my school, students and co-workers. Here are a few pictures of what we/I have been doing.













These pictures are in order, almost. The lion is new and a new addition to my classroom and family. The picture of my desk is after one of the school days. Majority are in order of how the events in the beginning of the year happened. I have spent the past two weekends planning. This weekend I went over the beginning of the year assessment and it is subtraction time 2-digit and 3 digits by 1 and 2-digits. I have been making groups and now looking for a fun but effective reteaching ideas for subtraction.

I want to give away a freebie. It is division cards! I went up to 6x6. It starts from the 2s. I ended making multiplication cards too. I will upload those at another time since they are saved to my work computer. I use these as a station. The students use popsicle stick or tiles to help with counting. They fold their paper in fours and do four problems at this station. In each section they have to have ___ groups of ___, a picture, and repeated addition. Students love it. Here it is for you..... FREE!!! They format is the same for multiplication. If you want the editable version email me, fonsecap9679@gmail.com or comment below! I will gladly give both to you for free!!
Click the picture for the division cards!

Here is the picture of what it will look like while students are working.
Time to get back to planning!

Until next time,
PFons

No comments:

Post a Comment