Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Colors And More Colors - Decorating

I went to my classroom today to do my Instagram of #TeacherTourTuesday from iTEACH5TH. It is coming along nicely.  I think pictures are the best way to explain my new room upgrades. Instagram video first.


Here is the sink area with my new rug I made. I sewed on the monster. My own template. It looks great. 
This is what is in every groups buckets. Markers, crayons, eraser, glues, pencils, red checking pencils, a highlighter (might need more), and sticky notes. This may change but as of right now I like that they have things at their finger tips.
This is my resource center (still need to add the letters to the flags. I made these too, it is called bunting). That shelf is where I will keep some science mags and books. Also, where I will keep my manipulatives. 
This is not a great picture but this is my desk (as of today) arrangement. I saw a peers room and thought I like some of your placements. I tried some group styles and love it. So lets see if they stay.
Here is my calendar. I still want to add some more decorations to this. Underneath the calendar you can see where the paper separates gross. 
My son Hunter put this together all by himself. He did such a great job. 
Here is one station. The little rolly table I got from the Goodwill store for $4.99. I also made these pillows. I will be making two red pillows too. The pillows are not necessary but I love them.
Here is my desk. I was not sure if I was going to keep one and I decided to keep my desk. I covered it with wrapping paper that I found at Target in the dollar section for a $1. I bought two roles because I thought there would not be enough but there is way more than I needed. 
Here is where I write my objectives. I am not sure still about how it looks but I love the idea. I call this my cute girly area but boyed up with my bug books. Perfect mixture. 
This is my buckets. It came out so cute and looks great on the tables. I just need to buy one more because I have 6 groups when I planned for 5.
On another exciting note, I got a new car. It is a fully loaded Toyota Avalon. I am in love. It is a great car and it has so many gadgets that I keep finding new things. 
Leather seats!! I am going to get the windows tented and I am about to get that done hopefully in the next few months.
Work starts Monday and I cannot wait. I am ready. I need to go ahead and start planning my first unit which is place value. Here it begins... :-)

*This week I will be making scratch offs for the first day of school. I got this idea from Saddle up for Second Grade. She is also my Slantbox buddy. 

Until next time,
     -PFons-

1 comment:

  1. Your room looks great! Thanks for linking up for Tip Tuesday at the BC.Have a great school year!

    Tammi
    :)
    www.thebalancedclassroom.blogspot .com

    ReplyDelete