Friday, June 14, 2013

What A Crazy Semester And I Am Back!

    I am back. Yes! Will I keep up with my blog as I plan, WELL probably not, but will try try. I had a pretty busy spring. Here is a list of things I have done and accomplished.

  1. Finished Intern II.
  2. Became the full-time substitute for my mentor. Did a lot from scratch. Great learning experience for me to kind of know what to expect. 
  3. Graduated as one of the top of my class. Not sure where my number was but there was only 17 out of over 200 students who were recognized. 
  4. Got a job! 3rd grade math and science teacher.
  5. Started a Spanish class. Buenos Dîas! Learning basics. haha
   Now that I have a job and the crazy semester is over, it is time to plan plan. I have been a little stressed out about how to plan. What do I plan for and being only a math and science teacher can I do some of the things I have planned? In addition, I am not teaching reading and that takes a lot of the fun decorating away, maybe we will see. 

   On that note, decorating has not been number one to me. It is, do not get me wrong, but I am more worried about being organized and having everything ready for the first day and week of school. I have training starting August 12th, but is that enough time to prepare? I want to decorate my room with the under the sea theme. I think it brings nice bright colors and I want to have everything bright and inviting. Here are a few things I have planned that I want done by the beginning of the school year, August 26 to be exact. 
  1. Make my teacher binder - what all goes into one. haha
  2. I am making each one of my 44 or 48 students their personal folders. These folder will be with them for the entire year. It will consist of:
  • A calendar for their homework to be written on. Got a calendar from a fellow blogger.
  • The school districts calendar 
  • The student's standards for the year
  • My expectations for the year 
  • A student contract saying they will achieve my expectations and make it their own and add two of their own. They will sign it!
  • Then their demerit block. I am not sure if I will do it like the calendar or weekly yet. Still debating.
      3. A letter to the parents welcoming them to a new year
      4. Plus, decorate/set-up my room
      5. I want an interactive bulletin board
      6. Buy my storage units for my classroom. They would like for all manipulatives to be visible.
      7. My students personal folders for teacher-parent conference, IAT, etc. 
   
     I think the point is put across. I have been using my friendly Pinterest to help me with this and found some great resources. I have also been to one training for my school district and it was AWESOME. I have several things I will be using from there.

    I have my work cut out for me this summer. I have a new hire orientation Tuesday and will definitely be updating about that. I hope I can keep up with blogging. It is a nice release and I want to post pictures all the things that I have done. It was my intentions when I started the blog originally. 

Until next time,
    -PFons- 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment