Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I'm Officially The 3rd Grade Teacher!!

     Today I signed everything for my new job and was overloaded with crazy crazy information. I should have my new email and access to the district in 72 hours. Crazy!! This just makes it feel so real. I also went to a training over NUMBER TALKS. I love this and have actually seen this on YouTube a while back and thought how cool. I will show what I have learned as I learn it. Today was just an overview of NUMBER TALKS.
 
     I should hopefully see my room again tomorrow or Thursday. It depends on the time I can go. I am going to take pictures so I can plan for my room. I have already bought things for my room. Not decorations yet.
   This is my 1st Dollar Tree run. Haha. As you can see it is simple things. I bought the little containers for my dice when students are at centers and need them. They are real quiet and are just the right size. I will need to put tape on the sides so the lids will not accidentally come off.  Excited about those. 
                                                                       
The next thing I think is really neat is this hanging picture holder. You put a number on top and have students answer different concepts. I made this quickly to show what I did. Definitely will be nicer in my room. $1 at the Dollar Tree!!! This can be at a station or to help students when they are finished with their work to keep them busy until it is time to move on. One suggestion, is for students to write in the back of their math journal the answers. I have been looking at a lot of blogs and got these two ideas. Plus, many many more.

Another thing a blog has made me do (They did not twist my arm, but hey they were pretty convincing) is to get this teacher planner. It is by Erin Condren. I am a very organized person and I was going to make my own "Teacher Binder" but why now. This has everything that I want. I bought it!!! It was mad money but it is worth it I am sure. Of course my name is different then on here and the school. But it will look like this color wise. Click the picture to go to Erin Condren's website. Check these planners out that are just for teachers and to see how you can get them all personalized and in different designs.

To wrap up from last time, I was able to see my beautiful niece for the first time since she was born March 28th. She was born at 27 weeks and has to be in the NICU. Brooklyn will hopefully be out by July 28th. I am praying that she will be out.                       
 I will continue to work at looking at Blogs to help prefect my room and come up with my own ideas. The other interns (use to be interns) and I are going to have a Pinterest party and this is a time to catch up and share our ideas.

Until next time,
      -PFons-

No comments:

Post a Comment