Monday, January 7, 2013

Pre-Day before the big day!!

Today was interesting. I learned a lot and will have my work cut out for me this semester. It will be fun. I actually start teaching January 22nd. I am so excited. I will first start teaching science for the first week. Then the next week I will teach science and social studies. Then the following week I will teach science, social studies, and math. Then the fourth week, I will teach science, social studies, math, and ELA. Then each week after teaching all the subjects, I will loose one subject a week starting with science and then social studies, etc. I was suppose to teach for only thirty days, but will be teaching a lot more days. This will be interesting. Tomorrow I will meet my students and super excited to get to know the different personalities.

Today I was told, by two people from administration, that classroom management is KEY!! I could not agree anymore. I went and bought a book that I have been eye balling at Barnes and Nobles about classroom management. I have already started reading it, making highlights, and making notes. So far so good.

Like I have said in a previous post, I did not get a lot of instruction on classroom management and I think educating myself will be beneficial. I also will choose a classroom management technique and apply it to my classroom. My supervisor/assistant principle will come and observe me using it. In addition, I will write a paper over how it worked.

Here is my first day outfit.

I am starting my weight loss again. It's not a diet. What I will be doing is getting back to my workouts and just eating better. I need to get ready for another MUD RUN! Hopefully I will be able to blog tomorrow. I am going to make an organized intern II binder.

Until next time,
-PFons-    

No comments:

Post a Comment