Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Intern II and Sticky Notes

     Well just a few days away from Intern II. I am just as excited as I am nervous. I have not been calling it Intern II but work. I have already made my binder of scope and sequence and the calendar for third grade. For the next few days I need to know what the students should be doing or starting. This will be a little harder than Intern I because I do not know the students and they know the classroom rules better than I will at first. I like to think I am a quick learner and that I will catch on quickly. 

      What is so neat is that I am now truly considered a teacher. I know I have had my licenses since this summer and have already done Intern I, but it is real now. I can actually get a job before the end of the semester. I hope to get a job or be considered for a job by April. This is really pushing it, but it never hurts to hope. I would not mind to stay at my Intern school. I really enjoy being there and the staff has been really great and helpful.

      In a previous blog I mentioned, I wanted to have notes sent home as often as possible for my students. I have a blank sticky note template and a sticky note printout. This is for the 3 x 3 sticky notes. The purpose of this is to be able to let the parents know what good choices or bad choices their child has made that day/week. I think every student should have a note or praise go home at least once a week, preferably daily. If all we do is give negative feedback to the parents about their kids, the parents will think the teacher does not like their child or is just a mean teacher. I know this because my son had a teacher like that and my son was very good, but got conduct marks everyday with no explanations. He would never get praised for doing good and when asked about his behavior she said nothing but positive things about my son. Go figure :-/
Click the picture or Click Here for the sticky note template. Click Here for the sticky note blank template.
     
      What you would do is printout the blank template and add your sticky notes to it. You will then put your paper with the sticky notes back in your printer. Make sure the adhesive part of the sticky note goes in the printer first. Then just print. If you edit the sticky notes you can add each students name to save some time. In addition, scan or copy the whole page of notes to keep for your records.


    It is important to remember this is for the perfect world that this can be executed every day/week. I think it is something that should be considered and added as a normal practice. I think doing this would be great while observing students during work stations, independent practice, or just to lunch. It also can be what some other teacher told you that they caught the student doing good or bad. This is something I will keep in my future classroom management binder for sure. 

   Hopefully next time I blog it will be with great news and new ideas about Intern II and teaching. 

Until next time,
-PFons-

1 comment:

  1. These are great! I used this for check lists for some of my kids to use who needed someone to tell them what to do every minute. Some of my ADHD kids used them and it really helped break down the hour. I will post them up for you if you want to use them too!!!

    Thanks for these! I am going to use them with my homeroom. I only have them every other day but it would be nice!

    Jameson
    Lessons With Coffee

    ReplyDelete