Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Background Info


I wanted to briefly show what I have done in September.

Yep, everything is almost highlighted off. I hate having things not highlighted. It eats away at me. I still need to do a Special Education Resource Binder and My Education Lab. In addition, I need to come up with all my classroom rules and take my first exam for my online Geology class. A lot will carry over into October, but I am ready. This is October at this moment.

October does not look bad, but it is only the second day of October. I had slacked one weekend and it was not because I chose to. Things came up where I felt like family was more important. I still made sure I watched my TEXANS. All school work stops while they play. So, I technically lost two days out of a week and it added so much stress to getting things done. I had two papers to write, a lesson to write and teach, and another lesson to write. Sounds easy but one of the papers were 12 pages long. I am waiting on grades for all my papers and lessons. I hope they are up to my instructors standards and that I do not disappoint myself. I currently have a 3.8 something GPA and I want to get at least a 3.9 when I graduate. I want to be in at least top 10 percent of my class. What an accomplishment that would be for me and for my life.

Here is a little background of me. I am a high school dropout, I never tell people that because I am too embarrassed, and I was a teen mom (I was 16). I was kicked out of my house living on my own taking care of a baby. The old saying goes, “A baby taking care of a baby.” I ended up getting my G.E.D. when my son was 1. By 18 I got a job working for a bank and met my husband. We ended up having a daughter and I was ready to do something with my life and get out of working for a bank. I got my cosmetology license and started cutting hair. I started working at SportClips, a men’s salon, and I was making $10 an hour and I received anywhere between $5 to $10 tips per cut. I was cutting an average of 21 cuts a day. I was making descent money, but I wouldn't make much more money and I was always gone from home. I decided to go back to school and I quit working. Getting my Associates Degree was my first step and as far as I thought I would go. I started community college and I just couldn't stop. A Bachelor’s Degree seemed reachable as soon as I was done with my second semester in community college. Now that I am about to get my Bachelor’s Degree my Master’s Degree does not seem like that big of a deal or hard to obtain.

That was a little background information about me. I know a lot of Principals and Superintendents would like to know where you have graduated from and year, but I do not share my G.E.D. story. I know it does not matter anymore because I have my associates and I am about to get my Bachelor’s. I just thought this was important to write for a strange reason tonight.

Until next time,
-PFons-    

Side note read through my blog and needed to make some much needed grammar corrections. I suck at it. lol were or was that is the questions...haha

No comments:

Post a Comment